Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ANTIQUE SHOOFLY ROCKING HORSE




I always have a hard time buying in Florida, but I always find a few fun things. At Mt. Dora, selling was good, buying was challenging, but persistence found me a couple of great things. My favorite was an antique shoofly rocking horse, early one. I love these rockers and I do already have a few, but this one I particularly liked due to its smaller size. It also has wonderful stenciling and remains of red paint. I guess I just can't resist these wonderful little rockers, and the bears just love it. This same dealer had some wonderful primitives and I also purchased (among other things) an early abacus. I've never seen one quite like this...I'm wondering if it's a homemade one. This will look great on the bears old school desk along with their bear books.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I recognize the guy on the left! He looks very happy in his new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, I've named him Froggy and I just LOVE this bear. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete