Monday, April 19, 2010

Antique Dollhouses AKA Teddy Bear Houses





Gottschalk, Bliss, two of my favorite early dollhouse manufacturers. Of course, to me, the dollhouses are teddy bear houses. The antique business for me is ever changing, and the little houses and miniatures are my new favorite things, well...next to teddy bears. When I saw this Gottschalk dollhouse, circa late19 th century, I fell in love with it and knew it was coming home with me. Seems like my collecting/buying/selling habits are getting smaller and smaller. I started out in the antique world selling large primitive furniture. My hubby quickly tired of my antique business and the 20' trailer was traded for a van. My large furniture changed to child and doll size furniture for the bears. Now I'm enjoying the miniatures. Funny how you just fall into things. The antique teddy bears will always be my passion, but I wonder what else will come next. I'm sure it'll be something that compliments the bears, antique of course. The larger dollhouse pictured here is a Moritz Gottschalk house, the smaller one's maker is unknown, but is in the detailed tradition of the early Bliss and Gottschalk dollhouses.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous!!! The bears look perfectly at home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy, me and the bears are having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found your blog...hope you will be posting more of your Teddy Bears soon....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelley. Sorry, I've been out of town...buying and selling at Brimfield, Mass. A few antique bears traveled home with me. Been sooooo busy, will try to blog soon.

    ReplyDelete