Sunday, July 26, 2009

Antique Teddy Bear Crossing in the Beginning

Antique Teddy Bear Crossing, where old bears find new homes. I have to remember that every time one of my teddy bears goes to a new home. It always makes me smile to see one of my bears travel to a new life. But it wasn't always like that. At first I just talked about selling them, when I was actually collecting them. Secretly I couldn't bear to let them go. I started off selling them at select antique shows, alongside my other antiques, mainly primitives and early lighting. Slowly more and more bears would attend my shows, along with all the bear necessities. Not only would I search for antique teddys, but I was on a mission to find them antique toys, teddy bear books, rocking horses, raggedy anns and golliwogs, antique furniture and all kinds of fun props. Soon they were the stars of the show and I loved it. I realized how much I loved talking to teddy bear people, sharing their stories, looking at their finds, and when I saw their happy faces at taking home one of my bears, it wasn't so hard to let them go. That's when I started thinking about the website. Although I love meeting teddy bear people face to face, the internet opens up a whole new world of crazy teddy bear people. Crazy about what they love, crazy about their bears and willing to share it all. So Antique Teddy Bear Crossing was born...where old bears find new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment